Please note that at the end of this post, there is a .pdf attachment which contains screen shots of the comments used in this post as well as the documentation that we used to prove that the redacted MySpace account that we have identifed as Bristol's was in fact hers.
What ARE the most critical points learned from our extensive MySpace analysis?
1. Bristol Palin began dating beginning when she was 15 or 16. There are strong indications that she was sexually active. Statements that were made to the press (including one from Levi himself) during the campaign that Levi and Bristol had dated for three years or "since freshman year" are no where borne out according to MySpace. If they had dated for three years as of September, 2008, that would have meant their relationship went back to September 2005. In fact, there is no evidence at all that Bristol and Levi dated prior to June 2007. This appears to be a complete fabrication, designed to show the young couple as stable and committed, when in fact they were neither.
2. In the spring of 2007, when Bristol would have been 16 ½ years old, Sarah Palin overheard a telephone conversation between Bristol and a young man named Johnny. Johnny is someone who appears to have been a very good friend -- Bristol commented to him frequently (and usually innocuously) during the time she was in Juneau, often signing her name with a heart. Johnny has been identified multiple places (including just this week in National Enquirer) as Bristol Palin’s boyfriend prior to Levi.
On this occasion, the phone conversation between Johnny and Bristol that Gov. Palin overheard led her to confront Bristol about whether or not she was pregnant. Even if Bristol was NOT pregnant at that time, it surely had to indicate that Gov. Palin suspected her daughter was sexually active. This would make her purported “surprise” at the news Bristol WAS allegedly pregnant with Tripp (a full year later) disingenuous at best.
5/14/2007 Bristol to Johnny:
ha ha, my mom was asking me who I was on the phone with last night, and she said she heard everything I was saying.. now she thinks im pregnant…ahaha call me later if you'd like
Then there was these further exchanges between Bristol and Johnny.
5/17/2007 Bristol to Johnny:
haha, sorry I still had my phone taken away, but I got it back today, so you can call whenever (heart)
5/20/2007 Bristol to Johnny:
if you don’t call me tonight im gonna freak out.
5/27/2007 Bristol to Johnny:
I waited for you to call me last night.
It’s also very interesting to note that these three comments all come within days of the phone call that Palin overheard which led her to wonder if Bristol was pregnant.
Levi Johnston and Johnny were close friends. The National Enquirer mentions this. In their article, they claim that “Levi and Johnny had a big blowup during their sophomore year in high school when Levi and Bristol hooked up while she was still with Johnny.” Our research actually shows something a bit different.
First, there is no indication that anything started between Levi and Bristol “during their sophomore year.” During the second half of Bristol’s sophomore year, she was attending Juneau-Douglas High School in Juneau, and, as late as May 20th (after school ended) she was sending notes to Johnny along the lines of what was quoted above: “If you don’t call me tonight I will freak out.” However, there is some indication that Bristol and Levi began dating in June of that year. Bristol makes one comment to Levi that makes it clear that Levi had left clothing at Bristol’s house. Hmmm. Perhaps they were swimming.
However, more interesting, several comments indicate that while there was a grudge between Levi and Johnny, it was Levi that held the grudge as recently as May of 2008, not the other way around, which should have been the case if Bristol had dumped Johnny FOR Levi. We have several comments between Johnny and Mercede Johnston which makes it sound as if Mercede is trying to patch things up between her brother and Johnny. Johnny is obviously hoping there will be a reconciliation from the tone of the comments. Why there was a grudge that persisted until May of last year, and why Levi seems to be the angry one is completely unclear.
3. Levi Johnston had multiple girlfriends from 2005 on, including one long time serious (though “on again – off again”) relationship with a girl named Lanesia. She later expressed great unhappiness over Levi's loss.
Levi was not a lonely lad. He appears to have "dated" at least five girls, not counting Bristol Palin, from this group alone. Indications are that he was regarded as somewhat of a catch.
One comment indicates that Levi was "messing with" two girls (neither was Bristol Palin) simultaneously on one occasion. One of the girls involved denied the accusation categorically, but the fact that the accusation was made at all (and by girls who knew Levi very well) indicates that they considered it a possibility.
It is not clear from the MySpace comments when Bristol and Levi's relationship began, but it seems to be June of 2007. Lanesia was claiming in May 2007 that she and Levi were back together (and Bristol was not in Wasilla for most of late winter and spring of 2007).
There was discussion in September 2007 between two friends of Lanesia, (Kaila and Jenny Jo,) claiming that Jenny Jo at some point in the past, had planned to beat Bristol up for Lanesia. This comment, interestingly, is the ONLY comment that is visible on MySpace dated after June of 2007 that either is from Bristol Palin or mentions her by name. My speculation is that, when MySpace was "scrubbed," this comment was overlooked somehow.
9/28/2007 Kaila to Jenny Jo:
haha, you were gonna fight Bristol for Lanesia.. idk, it was freakin hilarious though. you were getttin ready to take on like 394083 people yourself. haha..funny ass shit. call me tonight bia.
4. In the interview that Greta Van Susteren did with Bristol Palin on February 17, 2009, Bristol told Ms. Susteren that she did not know any other girls who had been pregnant or had babies. This is totally false and seems like a pointless lie. Numerous girls in Bristol's circle at Wasilla had already had babies.
5. Track Palin (whose has been accused of being no slacker in the party department himself) became so worried about his sister's behavior (though the exact details are not clear) at one point that he actually "outed" her to their parents, calling her a "stoner."
4/18/2007 Bristol to Johnny
tracks little bitch ass decited to tell my parents im a stoner..hes so tight..and when I get home, im gonna kick him in the balls.
6. Levi Johnston had another MySpace account (which has also been removed) and which he did use, which was different from the one that has received so much publicity. (The one on which he claimed he was a f***ing redneck and did not want children.)
However, possibly the most critical thing the MySpace analysis shows is what's NOT there. Prior to August 29, 2008 most of Bristol Palin's presence on MySpace was deliberately removed, and the "scrubbing" appears to go back, not to spring of 2008, which would have been when Bristol's pregnancy with Tripp should have commenced (and there may well have been “chatter” that the McCain campaign did not want made public), but into the summer of 2007, a full year earlier. The last comment made from the account we know to have been Bristol's came in June 2007. Going back into 2006, Bristol used MySpace frequently, commenting often on friends' pages, in a couple of cases as many as three short and quick comments in one day. What's left from spring 2007 shows that Bristol was unhappy in Juneau and liked using MySpace to keep in contact with her Wasilla friends. Levi Johnston does not appear to have been a heavy MySpace user, but he definitely had a separate account, different from the one that contained the well-publicized comment that he did not want children – and that account is also now gone.
As has been said earlier, it's hard to recreate what was scrubbed after the fact. What's left from after June of 2007 are:
1. No comments at all from Bristol dated after June 25, 2007.
2. No MySpace page from Bristol, and the page that Levi Johnston actually seemed to use is also gone.
3. One sole comment that mentions Bristol Palin by name.
4. A few cryptic comments that we believe may refer to Bristol Palin. In one, the initials bp are used. In another, there is reference to "the governor's kid." In a third, a comment that we believe refers to Bristol talks about "you know who."
And what was Bristol's last known comment to any friend? On June 25, 2007 she wrote:
ha ha im a slut. but sounds good...what number?
Coming soon: What does MySpace say specifically about whether or not Bristol Palin might have been pregnant in 2007-2008?